Nowadays most people don't look for goods and services in the local paper - they go to a search engine and type in a few words.
As a result of this shift to online search, it is more important than ever to ensure your company website is as visible in the search engines as it can be. The simple equation for many businesses is that the higher your company appears on a search engine like Google, the more visitors your web site is likely receive.
But how to get there?
Search Engine Optimisation is a key area of expertise at GWS, and we have helped many clients to top positions in Google over the past 12 years. SEO is not only about rankings, it is about increasing relevant traffic to a site that is likely to convert in a way that is helpful to the business. At GWS, we’re not just concerned about rankings, we’re concerned about ROI.
Many companies offer some form of site promotion, but few deliver the kind of consistent and robust results you can expect from GWS.
We look at:
- Keyword Research - There is no point ranking well for words that no one is likely to search for your product or service with. It is essential to get the keyword research aspect of SEO right so that when you do rank for keyphrases, you are ranking for terms that are likely to generate business for you.
- On-page Optimisation – We will review the HTML content of your site and ensure that different pages are structured in a logical way and that there are no crawling issues or broken links on your pages. We will also ensure that your meta-titles and descriptions are both up to date with relevant keywords and calls to action.
- Image Optimisation – Googlebots cannot read images, so we will ensure that the images on your website are optimized with special ALT text (alternate text) so that they can be indexed and registered by the search engines.
- Navigation, Usability & Copy – GWS will ensure that your website is engaging users in the right way by looking at the readability of your text and by ensuring that it is easy to navigate. We have excellent copywriting skills in house and a lot of experience in maximizing a user’s experience of a website.
- Linkbuilding – Building authoritative links to a website is an integral part of SEO but the day of submitting to bulk low value directories is gone. We work with clients to work out a linkbuilding strategy that might involve social media, guestblogging, local profile listings, forum posting & blog commenting.
- Online Brand Reputation – In today’s online world, establishing a brand personality and reputation on the web is more important than ever. GWS works on an individualised basis with clients to establish important target audiences for outreach work and relationship building.
- Competitor Research – Do you have clients that consistently appear higher than you in search? Do these competitors frequently appear in places online where you are not? GWS will examine the tactics employed by these competitors and make recommendations for your online strategy where relevant.
- Local Search – We are experts in helping local businesses build visibility for their areas of service. All of our online marketing services are entirely bespoke which means we will sit down with you before any work has been done to discuss geographical areas of targeting and how our online marketing work could compliment any offline marketing work your company is undertaking.
Next steps – Getting to know our clients
Before embarking upon any programme of SEO for a client we need to establish precisely what they offer and what makes them different.
The first step in doing this is to arrange an initial consultation with a client. We will discuss general business direction, target markets, regional areas of focus and particular words or phrases they would like to be found under.
As our service is designed to be completely tailor-made to your business, the more we know and understand about what it is that you do, the more we can help you. For this reason we strongly recommend an initial face-to-face meeting so that we can get to know each other.
We offer free consultations at our office in Queen Charlotte Street, located in the centre of Bristol, and a fifteen-minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads.