It's no big secret that a vast percentage of shopping has moved online to e-commerce websites in the last decade. E-commerce comes in two principal forms: selling to consumers and selling to other businesses. GWS Media has an excellent track record of creating successful ecommerce sites targeted at both businesses and consumers.
Successful Ecommerce Web sites
Important factors in successful ecommerce web sites include the following:
- A site must be attractive and well-designed, so that visitors like the look of the site and want to explore it further.
- It must enable visitors to find easily what they are looking for, in a small number of steps.
- It should show well-photographed products, with enough details to reassure the customer looking to buy.
- A site should feature a series of special offers and fresh content to encourage visitors to return regularly.
- It should inspire confidence with a secure checkout process, and detail the security measures that safeguard customer payment details.
- It must be found easily by people who are looking for the products or solutions that are on offer, but have not yet heard of your company / product.
- After-sales service and communication with the customer is critical, particularly in the event of any problems with the order such as delayed delivery.
Different types of Ecommerce
Starting a standalone ecommerce business is very different from integrating a new ecommerce web site into an existing business. An existing business gives you the advantage of ready-made marketing channels and a database of existing customers.
We can advise on the different types of marketing that are appropriate for an ecommerce Web site depending on the nature of your business. Our experience in carefully targeted marketing campaigns helps to ensure that client expenditure is directed in the most effective ways.
Online promotion and marketing that suits your marketing budget and the type of business you are in is critical to success.
As well as full ecommerce sites, we provide shopping carts with secure payment.
Ranging from an account with SecureHosting that enables you to run card payments through your own merchant account, through to a simple payment system using providers including Barclays, RBS WorldPay, HSBC, Sage Pay and PayPal, we can deliver solutions that keep the payment process entirely within your web site, as well as solutions that use a well-known, trusted payment gateway.>
GWS draws on over 12 years of experience to provide the most appropriate solution to each individual client.
Custom Ecommerce Solutions
Companies that require greater control of their online transactions may need a customized ecommerce system with tailored order management and order processing systems together with back-office integration.
This makes it easy to handle high online transaction volumes, and to have transactions automatically transferred to existing order management / fulfilment systems.
Cost reductions through e-procurement and electronic trading with partners and suppliersIn the Business to Business area, companies are finding cost reductions and other benefits in moving to electronic trading with their partners and suppliers through e-tendering, e-procurement and e-auctions. Please call us for further details.
Ability to identify both strengths and underperforming areasGWS offers full ecommerce solutions. We provide the necessary tools to analyse your ecommerce performance, helping you to identify strengths that can be built on as well as underperforming areas requiring attention.
Ability to analyse customer buying patternsWith up-to-date reports, you can mine your sales data to gain knowledge of customer buying patterns that can be used to gain a competitive advantage. You can use information on the results of different promotions to maximize profitability and return on your marketing investment, by increasing spend on the promotions that are generating the best results, and cutting back on the others.