GWS Media's Weekly Round-Up: LinkedIn & Twitter Mood Mapping
23rd July 2010 0 comments
This week GWS Media completed enhancements to the navigation of the website of executive recruiters Talentpool Selection who specialise in the Tax and VAT recruitment market, optimizing it for browsing on iPads and iPhones. We've also been busy promoting our lovely Devon online butcher, Gribble's (see details for an online discount code, valid until November, in the comments below).
Here are some stories that have caught our eyes this week:
For businesses using Social Media:
- A neat browser add-on 'tweetbeat firsthand' which integrates Twitter into any webpage you are viewing, as recommended by Adam Vincenzi of the always interesting COMMScorner blog.
- Comprehensive advice on how to build an effective blogger outreach list - really useful for building engagement with your blog.
- Social Media scientist extraordinaire Dan Zarrella is back with a new post on using novelty to create contagious marketing strategies.
- Tips and tricks to enhance your Facebook use.
A couple of interesting posts on LinkedIn:
- The new group features and why they matter.
- How to recapture LinkIn connections you have lost touch with.
And a few articles to follow up our post on how NOT to use Social Media:
- How NOT to behave on Twitter.
- The 7 deadly sins of Social Media.
- Why you can't be an expert until you've failed.
News and other titbits:
- What world leaders give one another - present exchange of Obama and Cameron.
- Researchers have been mapping America's mood using Twitter with some visually striking results.
- If you are among the Twitter users trialing Twimbow - the platform that allows you to colour your tweets (and assign those you follow with a colour) - here is a list of what colours you can use.
- Google is set to launch its own social network: Me. Facebook doesn't seem too worried - after all, it does now boast over 500 million users worldwide.
- The Guardian investigates Foursquare. How much information are you giving away?
Do post questions or comments about any aspect of online marketing or social media for us here - the GWS team will do our best to answer them.